Dive Computer Downloader for 5.02

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
MRXRAY

Dive Computer Downloader for 5.02

Post by MRXRAY »

First, Thanks for all the efforts to get this fantastic app up and running. I can't tell you how excited I was to see that this was finally up and running in DL 5.02.

Mares Nemo Air issue:

I just performed a DL from my Mares Nemo Air and most of the data is missing and one of the depths are grossly incorrect. I included an .xlsx doc from my logbook. You can compare by dates/times the info as it relates to a corresponding dive DL with DRAK interface.

Issues are:

1) No Start/End PSI
2) Water Temp Always is 32*
3) The Profile info is wrong in at least one dive showing a "Spike" in depth of 200+ feet twice which threw off the max depth.
Attachments
Nemo Air DL.xlsx
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
TnT

Re: Dive Computer Downloader for 5.02

Post by TnT »

MRXRAY wrote: 1) No Start/End PSI
2) Water Temp Always is 32*
3) The Profile info is wrong in at least one dive showing a "Spike" in depth of 200+ feet twice which threw off the max depth.
1 & 2: A dive computer typically contains two sections: header data (with divetime, maxdepth, settings, etc) and profile data. Currently the libdivecomputer library can only parse the profile data, and hence you'll only get the info that can be obtained from this data (e.g. divetime, maxdepth). The profile data of the Nemo Air doesn't contain temperature measurements. It does contain tank pressure, but maybe that's not used in DL5 to calculate start/end pressures in DL5. (@Sven: Is that correct?)

3: I'm not aware of any problems with the depth profile. Can you send me a memory dump, so I can have a look at it?
Last edited by TnT on Wed Dec 22, 2010 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Divetime, start / end pressure, max. depth and min. temperature should be calculated by Diving Log based on the profile data. I've run it with the simulator and the Nemo Air dumps and I think it has worked for me, but I can take another look at it.

If min. temperature or max. pressure is zero it won't be written into the logbook, because Diving Log assumes it is not correct or missing.
yowie

Post by yowie »

Hi
Thanks for the downloader it is great we have 3 different types of computers and i'm so glad i now only need 1 Dive Log program for all 3, fantastic effort.......
It is working for our Oceanic Geo 2's.
With the Mares Nemo Air ii'm having the same issues Water Temp, Start Tank Pressure & End Tank Pressure are not downloaded. My profile and max depth are downloading correctly.

Thanks

Phil
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Phil

Do you see the temperature and tank pressure profiles? If these are missing I can't calculate the max/min values.

Kind regards,
Sven
sciron

Post by sciron »

(note: I didn't want to keep creating new threads for everyone 'computer downloader' issue, so i've posted here, hope that's ok).

I have a problem when attempting to download:

v 5.02
Windows 7 64bit
Oceanic VT3 computer
USB cable/connection

Noting I have previously downloaded my data using the (terrible) Oceanic software and imported the data in DL5.

When I attempt to download (depending on if I choose COM3 or COM4 as the option) I receive either:

DEVICE_STATUS_TIMEOUT (this is when choosing COM4, the progress meter says 'download started' and then after 3-4 seconds comes up with the error.

If I choose COM3 I simply get DEVICE_STATUS_PROTOCOL

Troubleshooting:

1. Have restarted DL5, and tried with both COM3 and COM4 (restarting the app each time)
2. I have reset the VT3
3. I have changed to two separate USB ports on the laptop (there are four USB ports, should I try all of them?)

Any help sincerely appreciated, the sooner i'm off the old Oceanic software the better!

Thanks
Adam
TnT

Post by TnT »

I have created a new topic with instructions on how to report download problems. Please follow these instructions to collect all the info I need.

@sciron: You'll have to look up the correct portname in the Windows Device Manager first. Note that USB cables will only show up after having plugged in the cable.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I've uploaded an update which contains the latest libdivecomputer and an improved Diving Log downloader. Download this zip file and extract it into the Diving Log 5.0 program folder: DivelogTest.zip

Changelog:

- Error logging checkbox
- No need anymore to restart Diving Log when an error occured
- latest libdivecomputer
sciron

Post by sciron »

@TnT Just a quick followup to let you know that after running the 'tester' application once my errors mysteriously disappeared.

I'm sure you can account this to actually completing the download in the correc sequence and everything working perfectly from the outset!

Thanks for the speedy reply, and even moreso for the application, i've *despised* using OceanLog and this will certainly motivate a number of other Oceanic users I know to buy the DL5 software.

(and i'm sure the creator of DL5 will be sending you a donation for your extraordinary efforts!)

Adam
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

sciron wrote:(and i'm sure the creator of DL5 will be sending you a donation for your extraordinary efforts!)
Already done :)