temp and warnings missing from Suunto

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
DevoDave

temp and warnings missing from Suunto

Post by DevoDave »

Is this still an issue??

I have a Cobra 1 which downloads (and imports from Suudo SDM if I download it into there) the water temperature on dives, but the DivingLog download does not. I'm using a fresh download of DivingLog.
VYPER.LOG
(87.54 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: temp and warnings missing from Suunto

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I've splitted you posting into a separate thread, because it is a different downloader than in the old posting, so it might be a different issue. In the current downloader, the temperature is only imported when there is a temperature profile for the whole dive. If only the start and end temperature is recorded, it is currently not imported. This will be improved in the future. If there should be a temperature profile and it is missing, then it might be a problem. But I don't know if the Cobra is recording a temperature profile.

Kind regards,
Sven
DevoDave

Post by DevoDave »

Thanks for that Sven,

When I download a dive into Suunto Dive Manager, I usually observe a start temperature, a bottom temperature, and an exit temperature. I don't actually know what raw data is contained in the profile.

When I import that dive from SDM into Diving Log, the end result is that I end up with a profile of temperature values.

(Interestingly, in SDM I see a start and end tank pressure. Downloading the same dive in Diving Log gives me a tank pressure profile data based on what looks like a straight line between those two points. Is DL calculating this profile data?)

It would be good if the historical dives I transfer from SDM match my new dives which I download into DL directly.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, if I remeber right, I import from SDM these 3 points as temperature profile, which is more or less a workaround. But I don't think that the Cobra 1 is recording a real temperature profile, which may be the reason why I don't get the data from the downloader. The air- and water temperature will be available in a future version as single values, but I cannot simulate the "fake" temperature profile from the SDM import in the downloader, because I don't receive this data from the download parser. So the only way to continue this behaviour would be to download also in future with SDM and then import from there.

There are 2 different Suunto Downloaders in Diving Log, the "Suunto Download" and one called just "Downloader" which a blue arrow icon. You can try both to see if it makes a difference, but I assume none of them will create the temperature profile.

Kind regards,
Sven
DevoDave

Post by DevoDave »

Damn. The 'Downloader' downloads the temp 'profile' in the same way that the Suunto Dive Manager does... but...

the 'Downloader' also records the tank pressure profile as the starting pressure for the duration of the dive except for the last datapoint which it records as end pressure.

I sort of need a downloader that is a mutant love-child between the two downloaders.
TnT

Post by TnT »

The Cobra records only a temperature at begin/end of the dive and at maximum depth. The tank pressure is recorded only at begin/end of the dive. The Suunto Dive Manager "cheats" by interpolating the intermediate tank pressures giving the impression that the dive computer records a value for every sample, which is not true. The later models do record a real temperature and pressure profile.
DevoDave

Post by DevoDave »

TnT wrote:The Cobra records only a temperature at begin/end of the dive and at maximum depth. The tank pressure is recorded only at begin/end of the dive. The Suunto Dive Manager "cheats" by interpolating the intermediate tank pressures giving the impression that the dive computer records a value for every sample, which is not true. The later models do record a real temperature and pressure profile.
Yep, I figured that might be the case.

As we have two versions of the Downloader available (Suunto and Universal) and one interpolates the pressure and ignores the temp, and the other fudges the temp and ignores the pressure, I would like a mix of the two... ie. I would like the downloader to fudge the temp as well as interpolate the pressure.