New dive import & manual entry problem.

spudnik282

New dive import & manual entry problem.

Post by spudnik282 »

I have three dives I'm trying to import from Oceanlog 2.2.8 - Built 03.15.11. The first dive imports fine but the last two fail. All three show up fine in Oceanlog. I've tried importing each dive separately but it still fails on the after the fist dive. Then I tried to manually add the dive to my Diving Log 5 so I could try to use the update existing dive option but that also fails with the below error stating Column 'ID' does not allow nulls. I've entered info into every possible field but I can't get past that null exception error.

Other info:
The first two dives were done on the same day. The third dive was the following day. After I imported the first days of diving into Oceanlog I updated the firmware on my PDC so it deleted all the dive logs from that day on.

I was thinking its a compatiblity issue with the new Oceanlog software but that wouldn't explain the problem manually creating new dives.

Thanks for any input you might be able to provide. Error log is below.

Error log:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.NoNullAllowedException: Column 'ID' does not allow nulls.
at System.Data.DataColumn.CheckNullable(DataRow row)
at System.Data.DataColumn.CheckColumnConstraint(DataRow row, DataRowAction action)
at System.Data.DataTable.RaiseRowChanging(DataRowChangeEventArgs args, DataRow eRow, DataRowAction eAction, Boolean fireEvent)
at System.Data.DataTable.SetNewRecordWorker(DataRow row, Int32 proposedRecord, DataRowAction action, Boolean isInMerge, Int32 position, Boolean fireEvent, Exception& deferredException)
at System.Data.DataTable.InsertRow(DataRow row, Int64 proposedID, Int32 pos, Boolean fireEvent)
at System.Data.DataRowCollection.Add(DataRow row)
at Divinglog.frmLogbook.SaveDive(Int32 DiveID)
at Divinglog.frmLogbook.Ribbon_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)

(divinglog: I've removed the rest)
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: New dive import & manual entry problem.

Post by divinglog »

Please send me the Oceanlog database file. Are you using the beta 5.0.3 of Diving Log?
spudnik282

Post by spudnik282 »

I was using the 5.0.3 beta and I have since gone back to 5.0.2. Still unable to import any dives. I've emailed you my Oceanlog database.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Once you are using 5.0.3 you cannot go back with your logbook to 5.0.2. That's what causing this error. You have to use version 5.0.3.
spudnik282

Post by spudnik282 »

That was it. All is well again.