Differences with smartTRAK

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Shadock

Differences with smartTRAK

Post by Shadock »

Hi !

I'm just new with diving logs and was using smartrak (and before datatrak)

I've imported my database into diving logs and noticed some (strange sometimes ?) differences. I'm not sure to explain myself why there are these differences, so, if you have some answser...

1) 'SAC' : i've understood that SAC is mean gaz consumption. The SAC calculated in diving logs is a little bit different than the one in smartrak. Eg with my 10 last dives (first number : smartrak, second : diving log)
13,1 ; 11,84
12,7 ; 11,48
12,5 ; 11,2
14,7 ; 12,52
10,0 ; 9,27
12,0 ; 10,86
12,0 ; 10,94
12,4 ; 11,24
10,3 ; 9,49
10,8 ; 9,91
I don't really understand why there is differences : the dive time, prof, tank size, start and end pressure are all the same. Perhaps it's a precision problem, but divelog is always significantly lower..

2) 'sucessive dive' : the successive dive field is always set to 'No', however i've very often succesive dives in my dive logs, (and the surface interface is good in dive log in the 'additional' tab) but perhaps it's linked to the next point:

3) I can not find in dive logs the following info for each dive:
- No flight Time, before the dive
- No flight Time, after the dive
- (full)Desat Time, defore the dive
- (full)Desat Time, after the dive
to come back to the 'successive' field : it should automatically be set to yes if "Desat Time, before the dive" is > 0
- CNS toxicity, before the dive
- CNS toxicity, after the dive

4) another question, not linked with smartrak:
Sometimes, I dive with nitrox in my tank, but I leave my smartZ in air (to increase deco security margin). Is there a way to store that info in dive logs ? (like : TANK1: gaz used for the dive : xx% 02 ; gaz used for deco calculation : yy% 02 , etc..) ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Thomas
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Differences with smartTRAK

Post by divinglog »

Hi Thomas

The difference in the SAC calculation could come from a different calculation of the average depth. It depends on if you use zero values at the end of the profile or not.

You are right, sucessive dive could be automatically set when a surface interval is available.

For the other data there are unfortunately currently no fields available to enter this information. There are however 10 user defined fields to store additional data. And I'm working on a database modification to store more information.

Kind regards,
Sven
maurogumoz

Post by maurogumoz »

Hi,

just thinking of buying your application, seems fantastic but I have perceived some problems, maybe it is my configuration?

I am importing data from smartrak (which was previously imported from datatrak) and I see no info from:
CNS, tissues, no flight time...

Will these updated get included in future releases?

Thank you
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Unfortunately this deco data is not stored in SmartTrak, the application calculates this on the fly using the same algorithm as the dive computer. So I cannot import this data.

So you have two options: either you download the data first into SmartTrak and then import into Diving Log, so you have both formats and can view the original deco data in SmartTrak if you want (this is what I do with my Smart Z). Or you can use the Diving Log deco calculator to get similar results (but not exactly the same).

Kind regards,
Sven