Divelogs.de shows empty dives with datetime 00.00...

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
damen

Divelogs.de shows empty dives with datetime 00.00...

Post by damen »

Hi,

Did anyone experience this issue also, I just uploaded my dives to divelogs.de, but when I sort ascending the first two dives it shows are empty dives (see also attached screenshot).
Screenshot showing the 2 empty dives
Screenshot showing the 2 empty dives
05.08.png (21.45 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
I already tried the following:

1. Delete all dives in divelogs.de and do a clean new upload (no change)
2. Check the database of divinglog - nothing strange in the data as far as I can see, all the diving times are correct

Thanks in advance, Martijn

Update:
Due to the fact that I am sick at home I did do another check, I exported the data from divinglog as udcf file and imported it. With this, divelogs.de gave me the following warning:
Step 3 of 3:

please wait...
432 dives selected for import..

420 dives have been imported.
12 dives have been skipped because they are already in the database. *
248 Profiles have been generated.

Done!

Congratulations! your data has been imported!
Click here to go to your logbook.

* If dives were skipped, this can either mean, that they were already in the database or that there are several dives in the file with the same date and time. These are considered as double entries and the second instance is skipped..

This is something I did not know, so each dive needs to have at least a different dive starting time, if there are multiple dives on one day. So for all manual created dives, especially the course dives, I had this issue. I solved all these issues, now the correct number of dives is shown, however, there is a difference between uploading an exported ucdf file and uploading directly from divinglog.

* When uploading an exported ucdf file all dives are shown correctly
* when uploading directly out of divinglog I get the above shown issue, where 2 empty dives are shown

So there seems to be something with the native upload function that creates this :S

Martijn
TSK Erlangen e.V.
VDST TL2 / 1554
VDST Gasmischer
IANTD Advanced EANx Diver
IANTD Trimix Gas Blender
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Divelogs.de shows empty dives with datetime 00.00...

Post by divinglog »

Hi Martijn

I don't recommend using UDCF, because it is missing a lot of data. The direct upload supports most data. I don't know about the date/time issue, but I'll point Rainer to this post.

Kind regards,
Sven
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Martijn

Rainer found the problem. You have an (maybe invisible) special character at the end of the dive comments in these dives:

22.07.2012 11:13
22.07.2012 14:01

Place in Diving Log your cursor at the very end of the comment text and press the backspace key until you delete the last visible character. Then type the last character again. Save the dive and it should upload now correctly.

Kind regards,
Sven
damen

Post by damen »

Hi Sven, Rainer,

Thanks, I'll try that tonight as soon as I am back at my private computer.

Appreciate the quick response :)

Martijn
TSK Erlangen e.V.
VDST TL2 / 1554
VDST Gasmischer
IANTD Advanced EANx Diver
IANTD Trimix Gas Blender