Excel export not working with Excel 365

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
D_Fresh

Excel export not working with Excel 365

Post by D_Fresh »

Hello,

It seems I am unable to export Excel format (.xlsx or .xls) with my current installation of Excel via MS Office 365. This is the only software what will not allow me to export .xlsx format. I get an error message "No Excel installation could be found on this computer. to use this export tool, Microsoft Excel must be installed." Which it most certainly is. I have even tried with a blank Excel workbook open to see if Diving Log will somehow recognize it better.

Any suggestions/ideas?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Excel export not working with Excel 365

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I've googled a bit and I have not found any general problems with Office 365, so it should work. I found others with a similar problem where the quick repair of Office fixed it:

01.jpg
01.jpg (9.67 KiB) Viewed 3992 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (37.19 KiB) Viewed 3992 times
D_Fresh

Post by D_Fresh »

Ok, I will try that. I am right in the middle of a big project, so I'm hesitant to mess with Office at the moment, but will try that asap. Thank you for the quick reply, I will report back.

Cheers
D_Fresh

Post by D_Fresh »

I have tried both MS Office Quick repair and Online Repair, as well as ensuring no left over lower versions of Office or Excel are installed. Still no change in behavior, still unable to export as .xls or .xlsx.

Is there any log file I can provide to be of assistance?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

There is unfortunately no error log for this, but as a workaround, you can export to CSV and import that into Excel for now.