Shearwater Cloud

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
BBeck

Shearwater Cloud

Post by BBeck »

I am really interested in Diving Log 6.0, but I can't seem to import my dives. I already have to do some "acrobatics" to download the data because of the Blue Tooth LE. I download it into my IPad and then upload it to the Shearwater cloud.

I tried the trial version of DL6.0, but I can't figure out how to import my dives. Shearwater cloud exports to several formats including .csv file, DAN DL7, UDDF, Shearwater XML, and SQLLite. Only DAN DL7 imported. But the data it imported was minimal.

Is there a way to get this to work with my Perdix AI?
BBeck

Re: Shearwater Cloud

Post by BBeck »

I opened up the Shearwater export files and it looks like the missing data is not in the export files. At least the .CSV file and the DAN file seem to only have the dive profile and a few other basic pieces of information. Many of the columns of data in the file, such as temperature and pressure are empty. So, they appear to not be exporting the data rather than DL6 having a problem importing it, although DL6 would not import the CSV but did import the DAN file.

I'm not sure about the SQLLite file, but that one may contain everything.

But it largely seems to be a problem with Shearwater not exporting 80% of what I put in. The DAN file works, but it's only about 20% of the information I put in. Even SAC rate isn't coming across, let alone all the info I entered regarding my equipment and so forth.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Shearwater Cloud

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You do not have to export from Shearwater Desktop or Cloud Desktop. You can import the native logbook format using the "Shearwater Desktop" import function in Diving Log. It should open in the correct folder where the logbook file is stored:

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\LocalLow\Shearwater Research\Shearwater\guest\ShearwaterDesktop.db

Instead of "guest" it might be your account name.

You should also be able to download your Shearwater computer directly on Windows using Diving Log 6.0 or Shearwater (Cloud) Desktop.

Kind regards,
Sven