Maintenance by dives/hours

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
wadamw

Maintenance by dives/hours

Post by wadamw »

Hi, thanks for providing an excellent dive logging program. The only thing that would really improve my experience is some additional options in the equipment manager. I dive very often, so I typically service my equipment on a dive/hour basis, rather than an annually or biennially. How difficult would it be to include a "# of dives" or "hh:mm" since last service?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Maintenance by dives/hours

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you, that's a great suggestion! It shouldn't be too difficult to implement this. I'm thinking about if it should just count all dives after the last service date or if it should count only the dives where this piece of equipment was used. Problem is when someone does not use the equipment selections for each dive.

Sven
wadamw

Post by wadamw »

I would suggest only counting the dives where that piece of equipment was selected. If someone isn't bothering to select their equipment for each dive, then they probably are not relying on that as a service interval anyway.
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Unfortunately equipment also deteriorate when it is not used. For example regulators on unused stages need service after a year. Same goes for drysuit valves and valves on cylinders.
wadamw

Post by wadamw »

Yes, but the equipment manager in dIving log already allows you to track items by annual service date.

I service my equipment at the manufacturer recommended service interval, 100 dives, or 100 hours, whichever comes first. For most of my equipment, the dives or hours interval comes up sooner than the 1-2 year manufacturer suggested limit.

For each piece of equipment in the equipment manager, I think it would be nice to see the following:

Last Service Date: MM/DD/YYYY
Service Due Date: MM/DD/YYYY (for the manufacturer recommended service interval)
# of Dives since last service : nnn
Dive Time since last service: hh:mm

It'd be pretty easy to sum the dive time and number of dives for dives in the database that piece of equipment was equipped since the most recent service date.

I currently keep a separate paper binder with my equipment histories, but it would be much more convenient to have that information readily available in my digital dive log.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I've implemented the easy one, which does not check if an item was actually used during a dive. Checking for that is a bit more work and requires to analyze every dive after the service date. I have to check if the performance is good enough.

Image1.png
Image1.png (31.4 KiB) Viewed 9769 times
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

:D
Divehead

Post by Divehead »

So helpful!

But... i does have a little display bug i n Dutch:
Aantekening 2020-03-11 091901.png
Aantekening 2020-03-11 091901.png (28.68 KiB) Viewed 9208 times
In English it works perfectly fine
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Sorry, I forgot about the Dutch layout issue in the just release version 6.0.18. I will look at this now.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

If you want you can download an update which fixed the layout issues. Download this zip file and copy the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder (update to the latest verison 6.0.18 before)
ZerkerEOD

Post by ZerkerEOD »

I would like to see it when selected. I have gear used on some dives that don't get used on others.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

It will only show those dives where it was actually used.