Garmin and Partial import

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
ZerkerEOD

Garmin and Partial import

Post by ZerkerEOD »

Hello there, I have the garmin decent mk1 and I have tried two different ways to import my dives from it. I have tried to download them with the watch connected to my computer which pulled all dives on the watch. This didn't update information such tanks, buddy, locations, wetsuit, and additional information that I updated on the application.

I figured that it might not have synced with my watch again since updating on the application. So I went to garmin's website and downloaded the fit for one of the dives and uploaded that one and overwrote the dive. It still did not update any of the above information that shows on my garmin account. Any way to fix this or will I always have to update it on the application so I don't forget any information then reupdate it every time I sync it to the logbook?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Garmin and Partial import

Post by divinglog »

Hello

You mean the information that you enter on the Garmin web portal? I don't think this information is getting pushed back to the watch into the *.fit files. The file format on the watch contains only the dive data that is recored during the dive. The additional information, which you enter on the web portal, cannot be imported by Diving Log. This would require direct access to the web data.

Kind regards,
Sven
ZerkerEOD

Re: Garmin and Partial import

Post by ZerkerEOD »

Thanks for letting me know. I pulled the data from the .fit file that I downloaded from the website also. But I haven't tried to see if the fit files contain any additional data or not when downloaded from the web portal.