Tank Sensor

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
pberlinger

Tank Sensor

Post by pberlinger »

Hi

can i name my sensors by default?
sensor 1 is always attached to my diluent, sensor 2 to the 100% O2. can i fix this somewhere? i want always import it in this way

maybe with this i can also fix the wrong "gas listening"
DiveLog1.PNG
DiveLog1.PNG (38.52 KiB) Viewed 7212 times
this is my Tank Setup (2 time 3l for rebreather and 1 time 80cf for Bailout)
DiveLog2.PNG
DiveLog2.PNG (68.92 KiB) Viewed 7212 times
here you see the main time on Oxygen, but this is data from the wrong sensor... it have to be this from tank 1 (air / diluent)
2 time i made a short bailout DiveLog think i go to the other 3l Tank (Air / Diluent) but was on tank 3 (no Sensor) with my Trimix

how can i fix this mess?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Tank Sensor

Post by divinglog »

Hmm, I'm not sure if I understand the issue correctly. First of all, what do you mean by "Sensor", a tank pressure sensor or a PO2 sensor?

How do you import this dive, which dive computer and import method? This looks like an import problem to me, so the "sensor" does not matter, you don't have to name anything. Have you created the tank list manually or has this been imported?

To fix this, all you have to do is changing the gas mixtures of each tank to the correct mix. But I would be interested how this data was created.
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

Hi,
thank you for the question. Yes, I also suspect that this is an import problem.

I mean with sensors (the pressure sensors / transmitters)

I import the data from my Shearwater (Nerd 2 and Petrel) to my mobile phone, from there via the cloud to the desktop PC and there I import the Shearwarter DB into the diving log. no other way was ever working. no problem with my sunoto

The tank list is usually always different. sometime i see 1 tank with 21% sometimes If I do a bailout, he takes the mixture from the bailout (no transmitter) and the datas from tank 2, which is actually the onboard gas from Tank 2, he just mixes it up.

it would be nice, if i can fix name somewhere what mixture an maybe bottlesize is on which sensor / transmitter

If I want to adjust manually, the profile is usually incorrect (see PrintScreen at the first post)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can try to download your Shearwater directly with Diving Log, either desktop version or the Android app which can be used for free as desktop owner.

Please send me also your Shearwater logbook file, which you're importing so I can see how it imports. Have you changed anything after the import or are the screenshots above the result which you get right after import?

Each tank is associated to a section in your gax mixture profile. To fix the data you have to change the "Oxygen" tank to "Trimix", the "Air" tank to "Oxygen" and "Trimix" to "Air".
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

you will find my logbook on my onlineshare (its too big to upload it here) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AreM7grijXKUmJUPWiE ... A?e=NzyRgF
... use the last few dives...

no i not change anything
i got the desktop edition maybe 3 years ago and purchased a few mnutes ago the dwnloader for android - will check it
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you for the file. This is what I get after importing:

Image1.png
Image1.png (108.28 KiB) Viewed 7199 times

I think I understand now what you're trying to do. I have to analyze the import, but this cannot completely work automatically, because the O2 is not listed in the gas mixtures. So you have two tank pressure sensors, but the 2nd sensor has no gas mixture (O2) in the computer list.

So what you have to do after importing is editing the gas & tank list manually. I will show you shortly the best way to do this.
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

I get exactly the same thing when I import

so I tried the adaptation with the latest dive.

when I do the tank setup:

Tank 1 - Diluent (21%) - Sensor / Transmitter 1
Tank 2 - Oxygen (100%) - Sensor / Transmitter 2
Tank 3 - TMX (18/44) - NO sensor)

I do a bailout towards the end of the dive. The diving log interprets the data that I did the bailout on Tank 2. Although I did this on tank 3

it could be because I am not giving oxygen as a usebales gas in Shearwater - I just have to have it and is irrelevant for planning
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (72.05 KiB) Viewed 7197 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, so the import works correctly. On this dive, you started with "Air" and then switched to "Trimix" as you can see in the screenshots from Shearwater Cloud Desktop:

Image1.png
Image1.png (45.78 KiB) Viewed 7195 times
Image2.png
Image2.png (37.84 KiB) Viewed 7195 times

It is not possible with this import method to automatically assign the tank pressure values to the gas mixtures, especially since "O2" is not listed in the used gas mixtures. So you have to edit your tank & gas list manually afterwards, which I show you next. But the import of the used gas mixtures and gas switches works correctly
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

So you simply have to add another tank with "O2" mixture and enter the start and end tank pressure from the trimix tank and delete the values there:

Image4.png
Image4.png (115.13 KiB) Viewed 7195 times
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

i see, thanks.
is there a table mode, where i can change my last 100 dives :-)?
or i need to change everything "by hand" and dive by dive?
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

pberlinger wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 21:42 i see, thanks.
is there a table mode, where i can change my last 100 dives :-)?
or i need to change everything "by hand" and dive by dive?

what would be nice is... have somewhere a Table where i see the tanks and from - to pressure and from which sensor / transmitter he took data.
because i think its mixed up and without this information no way to "recover" the datas
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

There is a tank table in the database and using Microsoft Access it would be theoretically possible to do this, but this would be a very confusing and error prone process because you have to add tanks and not just edit existing tanks. So I recommend to do this by hand and with the auto save feature it is still pretty quick.

The process is always the same, there is not mixup and difference for every dive. What happens during import:

You have two gas mixtures and two tank pressure sensors. Sensor one is added to the first gas (Diluent) and sensor two is added to the 2nd gas (Bailout). What's missing is the O2 gas, because your Shearwater does not know this.

So all you have to do for every dive is adding another tank with O2 and moving the two values start pressure and end pressure from the Bailout tank to the newly added O2 tank.

This is how the tank table looks in Access, I don't think it is a good idea to edit this manually:

Image1.png
Image1.png (70.3 KiB) Viewed 7174 times
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

Hi

thank you for the input. It looks like I have to forget it. Adjusting this for a few hundred dives over your frontend is too big a job

furthermore, I cannot confirm this. In your software, sensor / transmitter 1 is not always tank 1. i crosscheck dads with a few other dives, there is sensor / transmitter 2 tank 1 and sensor / transmitter 1 is tank 2 - so big chaos. It would be interesting if you could see in the software from which sensor ID the data came from. I would have done the whole thing in a few hours
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can change the order of the tanks in the list, so that's maybe why you're seeing different results. Or maybe your gas setup in Shearwater is different during the dive. But I can say what's happening during import so you can understand the result:

The profile is parsed from the Shearwater file and for every profile sample there is an associated gas mixture. The first gas that is used during the dive will create tank number one. As the dive continues and a new gas mixtures appear, a new tank is created. That will determine the order of the tanks that are created.

After the whole profile is parsed, the start and end tank pressure (which is completely independent from the gas mixtures in Shearwater Desktop) is added to the first two gas mixtures in the list. So Sensor 1 is always added to the first tank and Sensor 2 is always added to the 2nd tank. It cannot be different, it's always like that. If you started the dive with Bailout gas, then it will get Sensor 1. If you started with Diluent, it will be Sensor 1.

Another indication is the consumption. I'm not a CCR diver, but as far as I know the most consumption is always Diluent and the less consumption is always O2, so you can also see which tank pressure goes to which gas.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Here you can also see the tank pressure data from each sensor:

Sensor 1:

Image1.png
Image1.png (9.03 KiB) Viewed 7169 times

Sensor 2:

Image2.png
Image2.png (9.97 KiB) Viewed 7169 times