Surface water temperature

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
voets

Surface water temperature

Post by voets »

I dive mostly in fresh waters, that have a distinct bottom and surfave temperature for half of the year.
After losing my Suunto D6 last week, I've switced to an Aqualung i470TC computer.
All my dives are stored in Suunto Dive Manager 3.

So looking around now if I will use the Aqualung Diverlog software, go for Subsurface or switch to Diving log.

Diving log seems to be the most feature rich one, but..... it does not store the surface temperature.
Will that be added in the future? I've seen a question dating back to 2015 about this value.

But it seems not to be there yet.
With 1580 dives in my suunto logbook, I would hate to have to manually add that info later on.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Surface water temperature

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Sorry for the late response! Unfortunately Diving Log does not have a database field for the surface temperature right now. I can't promise if/when this field might be added, because I have to decide these kind of database changes together with the developers from the iOS/Mac OS versions, as we share the same database layout.

What I can offer you is temporarily modifying my Suunto import and I'll import your Suunto logbook here on my development PC into the comments or maybe one of the user defined fields.

Kind regards,
Sven
voets

Re: Surface water temperature

Post by voets »

No worries
I'll put the surface temperature in a user field.

With some SQL magic in MS Access I think I can transfer most of the data out of the d9.mdb from Suunto into the Diving log database