"Error Occurred- Out of Memory" while updating User Data

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
jsjkmullin

"Error Occurred- Out of Memory" while updating User Data

Post by jsjkmullin »

Attempted to update some user data (address change) and I keep getting a message that an error occurred- due to being "out of memory". I uninstalled Diving Log 6.0 and reinstalled it, rebooted computer multiple times, and keep getting the same message. I can assure you that I am not out of memory and have no issues with any other program on my computer. Additionally, I have not run into any other issues with Diving Log 6.0 that pops up this error.

Any suggestions?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: "Error Occurred- Out of Memory" while updating User Data

Post by divinglog »

I think this might be caused by a too large image in the medical certification section (or user photo). This likely happens when Diving Log tries to resize the image to store a smaller version in the database. Try a different file format (JPG if you use BMP or PNG) or slightly smaller resolution.
jsjkmullin

Post by jsjkmullin »

I deleted all photos, closed the program, and restarted. Still get the same error. Below is a copy paste of the errors that it is producing.

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.

at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at Divinglog.frmUser.SaveData()
at Divinglog.frmUser.btnOK_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Diving Log Version: 6.0.20.0
Windows Version: Windows 10 (20H1 | Build 19041)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

It's still an issue with an image, you can see that in the "System.Drawing.Image.FromFile" error part. If you want you can send me your logbook file and I'll see where the issue is. But there are only 3 images that are relevant: user picture, user stamp and medical certification, one of those images is causing the problem.

Where have you deleted the images, in Explorer or in Diving Log? You have to delete the images in Diving Log and then press "Save".
jsjkmullin

Post by jsjkmullin »

I deleted them in the diving log 6.0. I have no pictures that I can see (esp in the areas you listed) but I still get the same thing. I just uninstalled the program and then reinstalled it- still no luck.

What address can I send the log book file to? I appreciate your assist.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can send it to info@divinglog.de