How to tag a dive as sidemount?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
jordilopez

How to tag a dive as sidemount?

Post by jordilopez »

Hello,

I know I can tag a dive as sidemount in the Tanks & Gas, but I would like to know if there is any way to display that information in the logbook main page. I do not need the gas details, just a flag in the same way as the twin set indicator.

Is that option available?

thanks

jordi
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: How to tag a dive as sidemount?

Post by divinglog »

Hi jordi

The only way on the logbook main page is to add the tank list to your layout (it is included in the "Extended Layout" for example):

Image1.png
Image1.png (19.92 KiB) Viewed 3249 times

Or you add "Sidemount" as a dive type which could be checked on the main page.

Kind regards,
Sven
jordilopez

Post by jordilopez »

Thanks Sven,

Regarding the 'Dive type' : the dropdown box in the logbook main page only shows 'Deco or No Deco', while the Dive Type tab, under 'Additional' has many types listed over there. How do I display the full list under the main logbook page?

thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The Deco/No Deco field and the dive type list are unrelated separate fields. The list on the additional page is fully editable and you can add/remove dive types.
jordilopez

Post by jordilopez »

Sorry, I guess I'm doing something wrong... I just want to see in the main logbook page a dropdown box where I can select the dive type. The tab under 'Additional' is perfect, as I can add more types but how to show that one in the main logbook page? Any other options?

Sorry if this has been answered before...

thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can modify the layout as you want and move every field around: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=1701

Just click on "Customize" in the "Layout" tab and drag/drop the dive type field. But it is the normal dive type list, you cannot convert it into a simply dropdown field. But you can make it a little bit smaller.
jordilopez

Post by jordilopez »

Thanks,

I managed to move the dive type to the main logbook page. I did not know that was possible to drag it across tabs, and I was trying to find it in the attributes.

regards