How to Export-Import between logbooks

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
scubal

How to Export-Import between logbooks

Post by scubal »

I have 124 dives within my logbook done with my wife.
She wants to import them into her logbook.
We have tried export from my logbook using a filter -> Import to her logbook using:
- DL7
- UDDF
In both cases the import brings in 124 dives.....but ONLY date, time, depth. Doesnt being in the dive site, country or any other details. This makes it pretty useless as she's then got to manually enter every dive site....so might as well have typed the entries in manually anyway :(

There must be a better way.
What is the best format to export/import and transfer the maximum amount of dive data in Windows 10 version 6.0.22 ?
thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: How to Export-Import between logbooks

Post by divinglog »

File > Import > Diving Log. No need to export to another format.
scubal

Post by scubal »

Thanks but the problem with that option is that I only need to import some (250 out of 1500) dives that are in the other logbook - and there is no way I can see to pick the ones I want? There aren’t any filters on the import? Maybe I am missing something but how would I import just the dives where ‘Buddy contains ‘fred’ ‘ (or similar)?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You have to check only those dives you want to import. You can check several dives at once by selecting the first dive, then hold shift and selct the last dive. Then check one of the selected dives to check all selected dives at once. But there is no filter to check all dives with certain criteria automatically, you have to check every dive manually.

Image1.png
Image1.png (30.05 KiB) Viewed 2760 times