Issues with sync from Dropbox.

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Sharkman

Issues with sync from Dropbox.

Post by Sharkman »

Hi.

I am having problems to sync / download from Dropbox to Android. I upload the file from pc via WEB / DROPBOX and it shows that it is uploaded. I go to android phone via SYNC / DROPBOX / DOWNLOAD and wait for the spinning icon to stop. When all is done, I go back to the logbook and it does not show the new data... (marine life, equipment....etc.). This is how I have been using it and never had any issues. Tried it six times today and it is not working. :?

Is there another way to do it? Can I just use Sync /Android from PC :?:

Please help.

Thanks
Alex "Sharkman"
SHARKMAN'S WORLD
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Issues with sync from Dropbox.

Post by divinglog »

Hi Alex

Make sure the exported logbook on the desktop is copied into the correct Dropbox folder and the uploaded by the Dropbox client app. So check your online Dropbox account to see if the .sql file is actually updated on the web. If not, click the "Gear" icon in the desktop Dropbox sync dialog and select the correct desktop folder again.

The "Sync / Android" option is USB syncing, so just connect your phone to the PC via USB and you can also use this option:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=2024

Kind regards,
Sven
Sharkman

Re: Issues with sync from Dropbox.

Post by Sharkman »

Hi Sven.

Thanks for your answer and solution. All dropbox settings were ok but for some reason it was not working. I deleted the files the drop bpx folder and uploaded a new one. I than went to phone and the download worked. The usb transfer worked as well.

Thank you.

Best regards
Alex "Sharkman"
SHARKMAN'S WORLD