Axim 51v sync problem

Discussions about the smartphone versions
rickpeck

Axim 51v sync problem

Post by rickpeck »

I am trying to get the PPC version to work on a new install on a Dell Axim 51v. The program runs fine. I installed the .Net framwork with no problems. When I try to sync it pauses at the Exporting Table Brevets. I went to the download page from the troubleshooting guide but I don't see any files for the SQL server. I have been t the microsoft site looking for files but their instructions are not correct. Can you link the cab files I need to get this running?

Thanks,

Rick

PC Version: 4.0.12
PPC Version: 4.5.2

Device Name: WM_The_Burns_F1
Windows CE Version: 5.1.195
Windows CE Name: Windows Mobile 5
Windows Version: 5.1.2600
Windows Name: Windows XP
Sync Setting: 1 = Allowed
.NET CF Version: 2.0.5238.0

ActiveSync: 4.5.5096.0
Windows Mobile Device Center: Not Found
Rapi.dll: 4.5.5096.0
PPCBrowser.ocx: 1.0.0.1
dplib.dll (AppPath): 1.4.400.46
dplib.dll (SystemPath): 1.4.400.46
RemSqlCe.dll: 1.46.1700.4
Sync DLLs Compatible

PC RemSqlCe.dll: 116224 Bytes
PPC RemSqlCe.dll: 116224 Bytes
Filesize Identical

SQL Server CE: Not Installed
SQL Server 2005 Mobile: Not Installed
SQL Server 2005 Compact: Not Installed
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Axim 51v sync problem

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Please make sure that you use the new sync function:

shortcuts

Post by shortcuts »

I am also having problems where new dives are not syncing to an Axim 51. In fact I'm having so many problems with this it is becoming painful to the point that I'm seriously considering scrapping the entire idea of having it at all!!!!!!!

Windows Mobile Sync Analytics - 18/03/2010 15:31:17

PC Version: 1.1.0.0
Mobile Version: 4.5.2

Device Name: WINDOWSMOBILE41
Windows CE Version: 5.1.195
Windows CE Name: Windows Mobile 5
Windows Version: 6.1.7600.0
Windows Name: Windows 7
.NET CF Version: 3.5.7283.0
Sync Setting: 1 = Allowed

ActiveSync: Not Found
Windows Mobile Device Center: 6.1.6965.0
Rapi.dll: 6.1.6965.0
OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication.dll: 2.9.2244.24857
System.Data.SQLite.dll: 1.0.60.0
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Everything looks normal from here. What problem do you have exactly with the sync? Make sure that the PPC version is closed during sync with the menu File > Exit. Then copy the logbook to the PPC and make sure that this logbook file is used in the application. If you are unsure, select File > Open Logbook and select the file you just copied to the PPC.

I'll write in the next days a blog post about the future of Windows Mobile and my plans.

Kind regards,
Sven
shortcuts

Post by shortcuts »

divinglog wrote:Hi

Everything looks normal from here. What problem do you have exactly with the sync? Make sure that the PPC version is closed during sync with the menu File > Exit. Then copy the logbook to the PPC and make sure that this logbook file is used in the application. If you are unsure, select File > Open Logbook and select the file you just copied to the PPC.

I'll write in the next days a blog post about the future of Windows Mobile and my plans.

Kind regards,
Sven
The PPC version is closed as described and then I am pressing "Sync" at top left, 3rd in from left in PC version and then choosing to "send to PPC" and overwrite previous logbook. Then when I turn on PPC version the new dives are not there. Not added to PPC logbook although the PC version has stated that it is done.

That is the problem I have exactly with the sync.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'm sure the PPC version is using a different file. Try to delete the logbook file on the PPC completely in Windows Explorer. Then start the PPC version, a message box should pop up that the logbook file could not be found. Then sync it to the device and select the just copied file in the open logbook dialog of the PPC.

If you want you can email me your logbook file and I'll try it myself to see if something wrong with the file, but normally it should work.

Kind regards,
Sven