iPAD / PC / Divecomputer sync/merge

Discussions about the smartphone versions
MichaelC

iPAD / PC / Divecomputer sync/merge

Post by MichaelC »

Hi all,

I'm using the pc version for some time now and just did buy the iPAD version. (it look's great!)

But have some questions:

What will happen when i log an dive on the iPAD (only some dive side information) later backhome i will read divecomputer to PC and afterthat i sync iPAD to PC? I think the same dives are replaced?

I want to use the iPAD only for log some dive side and some other thing but not the dive information like depth, divetime and so on. I want to use the dive info from the divecomputer. (hope i'm clear enough)
So some how the information from divecomputer and iPAD must merge on the pc log. Is this some how possible and if not will that ever be?

Greetings,

Michael
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: iPAD / PC / Divecomputer sync/merge

Post by divinglog »

Hi Michael

To merge the iPhone/iPad dive with the dive data from the computer, sync first your iOS device back to the PC and then download the data from the dive computer. In the last step of the import wizard, select the option “Update existing dives” and select the first new dive from the iOS device. Make sure that the number and order of iPad and computer matches and that you select the correct first dive to start the updating.

No existing data will be overwritten, only empty fields will be updated. There are only a few exceptions like max. depth and entry time, where the data from the computer is usually more correct.

Here is also a blog post about this feature: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=253

Kind regards,
Sven
MichaelC

Re: iPAD / PC / Divecomputer sync/merge

Post by MichaelC »

Oops did mis that one, thanks for the info. This makes it realy nice combo.