Sync with Android via MTP instead of USB Mass Storage

Discussions about the smartphone versions
elsif1

Sync with Android via MTP instead of USB Mass Storage

Post by elsif1 »

Looks like I can't select a folder on a device that uses MTP to sync. Not a huge deal, as right now I just export it to my desktop and manually move it into the right place, but I thought you should know.

Some newer Android devices (without SD cards, generally) tend to use MTP (examples include the Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7)
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Sync with Android via MTP instead of USB Mass Storage

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I've tried to implement MTP transfer a while ago, but unfortuntely without success. There is not much documentation about MTP and the few examples I've found where all about native C code. I've searched really a lot for a .NET implementation, a library or anything I can use, but I've found nothing that worked :cry:

I've even tried to hook into Explorer and use the Explorer copy functions, but even that didn't worked. If you have any code or examples for .NET, I'm happy to implement it. But I had to give up on MTP and hope that Rob will implement Dropbox or something else we can use instead of USB.

Kind regards,
Sven
elsif1

Post by elsif1 »

Hmm.. Best guess would be to use a native code example with p/invoke or in managed C++ if that will work?

I agree Dropbox would be optimal though :)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I tried a lot of p/invoke, too, but I had unfortunately no success. Here are a few links I've found:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2672 ... p-c-vb-net
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8678 ... tp-wrapper