Android Sync Dive Log

Discussions about the smartphone versions
jsjkmullin

Android Sync Dive Log

Post by jsjkmullin »

Computer: OS Windows 10
Phone: Samsung S6
Phone App: Dive Log

When trying to sync my logbook to my android phone from Diving Log 6 to Dive Log I am having some issues. I can not save the .txt file directly to the phone. When syncing to Dive Log, I select "SEND to DEVICE" and the "Save As" screen pops up, but my "phone" doesn't populate on the left side as an available drive or location to save to. I can find my phone as a location when I go into "File explorer". Any ideas on what can be done to correct the issue.

To mitigate, I have figured out to save the dive.txt file to my desk top and then I open my phone via file explorer and then copy and paste the dive.txt file into the dive log folder.

This is a bit of a pain to do-- is there a fix or other recommendation that I could try to use the Sync function as it was designed to do?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Android Sync Dive Log

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Sorry for the late response! You can only save directly to the phone with Diving Log, when the phone is connected in mass storage mode (like a memory stick). Most phone nowadays connect via MTP mode and Diving Log cannot save directly to such a device. So the only workaround is saving to desktop and then copy the file in Windows Explorer.

Kind regards,
Sven
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The official Diving Log for Android app is now available on Google Play: :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... og.divelog

hiway12

Post by hiway12 »

Thanks, this looks great. Any support for Google Drive sync with the new app? I've always kept my files on Drive
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You can use the Google Drive app for now to upload and download the logbook file from Google Drive to the "Diving Log" folder on your Android device. In the Desktop version Google Drive sync is build in.
Deckard

Post by Deckard »

divinglog wrote:The official Diving Log for Android app is now available on Google Play: :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... og.divelog

And I almost miss it ! Very good news :D :D :D
SHaase

Post by SHaase »

Is it possible to sync with OneDrive with the new Android version, or are there plans to add that at some point?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I try to add it, but it might be difficult due to the programming tools I'm using. When I checked the last time, there was no ready-to-use OneDrive SDK for these tools. In the meantime you can use the OneDrive app to upload and download the logbook file from the "Diving Log" app folder to the "Divelog" folder in your OneDrive.
Robert Balcombe

Post by Robert Balcombe »

Now have Divelog on my Android phone, have been around the block 10 times and cannot get it to sync. have a text file on my phone, but it wants to go to drop box to find one, why wont it just give an option to look on the phone? because that it where i have put it

Sory if this is a very old problem, but I am a new user with the phone but have used it on my PC for years
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please see here how to sync:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=2024
Robert Balcombe

Many thanks for your swift reply. I am still running Divelod 5.x and the blog asked for 6.0 how do I update from one to the other, O yes and I think I have lost my orginal key sorry

Best regards

Robert
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Robert

If you want you can do this also in version 5.0, but you have to copy the file manually in Windows Explorer. You can use the "DiveMate" Android sync in 5.0 and then copy the *.sql file to the "Diving Log" folder on your Androi device. But you can update of course to 6.0, which has also other new features and improvements.

Here you can retrieve your unlock codes:

https://www.divinglog.de/english/support/sendkey.php

And here you can see how to update:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=1890#Update

Kind regards,
Sven
Robert Balcombe

I now have the .txt file on the phone but the app cannot see it Where do I go from here :(
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You don't need a *.txt file, you need a *.sql file. You've probably selected the wrong Android app in the upper right corner of the sync dialog. You have to select the "DiveMate" app in the upper right corner or the SQLite export function from the export section. Or you can use the Dropbox sync function.

Please see this page: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=2024

In Diving Log 5.0 you have to select "DiveMate" as there is no "Diving Log" option like in Diving Log 6.0:

Robert Balcombe

Right,

Now have 6.0 om my PC could only get the first 10 dives to appaear on the phone, thought maybe i need to pay a fee for the up grade so paid it, will I now be sent a new code?