Manually add dive then later sync to computer

Discussions about the smartphone versions
MalibuDave42

Manually add dive then later sync to computer

Post by MalibuDave42 »

Android phone, Windows laptop, Shearwater Perdix AI. Can I manually add a dive via my phone to capture the dive site GPS location, then later sync my Shearwater via my laptop to "fill in" the detailed dive parameters of the dives I've initially manually added? (assuming I have followed the sync procedures and moved the "new" manual dives to Windows Diving Log)

Thanks for your help.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Manually add dive then later sync to computer

Post by divinglog »

Yes, this is possible. Please see here: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=253
MalibuDave42

Post by MalibuDave42 »

Wow fantastic. I will give it a go. I assume all of the new functionality listef in the 2009 posting is rolled into the current release.

Are there any tips as to the minimum data in the manual dive to ensure everything matches up?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

There is no minimum data, but the number and order of dives have to match. So if you want to update 5 dives with data from the dive computer, you have to have the same number of dives in the same order.
MalibuDave42

Post by MalibuDave42 »

You said, "number and order of dives have to match..." Do you mean dive number (eg. "this is dive 1232") OR quantity of dives ( I did 11 dives, I am importing 11 dives, the last 11 dives in my logbook will be matched up)?

Thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The quantity of dives. If you import 5 dives from the dive computer and select 3 dives to update, 2 new dives will be added as new dives and 3 dives will be updated. But this is shown in the import dialog: