Support for Garmin Descent mk1/2

Discussions about the smartphone versions
kjeldlau

Support for Garmin Descent mk1/2

Post by kjeldlau »

Hi
Do you expect to provide support for the Garmin Descent computers on Android? I have just bought a mk2.
Or how would you suggest to transfer dives from these?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Support for Garmin Descent mk1/2

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I've just added support for the mk2 in the Windows version, if you want you can try it by downloading this zip file and copying the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. Then you will find it in the "Downloader" and it should find it via USB.

As for Android, I almost have support for the mk1 ready. For the mk2 it depends on if the mk2 can be connected via USB and is accessable from Android. Can you try this and see if you can access the *.fit files via USB from an Android file manager?

Do you have a tank pressure transmitter for the mk2?

Kind regards,
Sven
Roendi

Post by Roendi »

Works nice for me on my Windows Computer. I tried on my Samsung S21 to connect the Decent over USB C but it will not showing on the Android Phone. Maybe you can find the way to access Diving Log on Android Device over Connect from Garmin to put all Diving information on holyday in the Diving Log. Thanks a lot for your great Works.

I have an Descent MK2 with transmitter
Roendi

Post by Roendi »

At this Moment is it not possible. I ask Garmin Germany and this I have received as answer:

Unfortunately, connecting the Descent to an Android phone via USB is not possible. The smartwatches are generally always paired with the smartphone via Bluetooth.
The dive data is loaded from the Descent into the Dive app with an active Bluetooth connection. Unfortunately, there is no offline mode of the app yet, so a cellular/WLAN connection of the app is necessary for this.

The Answer is not from the normal support. It comes from the Product Manager Germany.

I say again that we wish some access from Android to the Watch. We will see whats going one
Roendi

Post by Roendi »

Fast Feedback from Garmin Germany again:

- Offline mode is an issue that we will consider in the further development of the Dive App.

Let's see how they want to implement this.