Pocket PC and Windows Mobile 6

Discussions about the smartphone versions
roberto.paula

Post by roberto.paula »

Hi,

I have both versions PC and PPC. When I synchronize the PPC with my PC, it works fine. But when I synchronize my PC with my PPC, if I update the signature field on the PPC, it's not transfered to the PC or is not accessible because the icon for signature on the PC application is greyed.

I've done an other test. I've created a new logbook on the PPC version and when I try to open it, I get the following message: "You try to access an old version of a database of SQL Server Everywhere. If it was a SQL Server CE 1.0 ou 2.0 database, execute upgrade.exe. If it is a SQL Server Everywhere 3.0, execute the compacting or repairing options."

Following is my information:

PC Version: 4.0.9
PPC Version: 4.0.5

Device Name: HTC_P3650
Windows CE Version: 5.2.1623
Windows CE Name: Windows Mobile 6
Windows Version: 5.1.2600
Windows Name: Windows XP
Sync Setting: 1 = Allowed
.NET CF Version: 2.0.7045.0

ActiveSync: 4.5.5096.0
Windows Mobile Device Center: Not Found
Rapi.dll: 4.5.5096.0
PPCBrowser.ocx: 1.0.0.1
dplib.dll (AppPath): 1.4.400.46
dplib.dll (SystemPath): 1.4.400.46
RemSqlCe.dll: 1.46.1700.4
Sync DLLs Compatible

PC RemSqlCe.dll: 116224 Bytes
PPC RemSqlCe.dll: 107008 Bytes
Filesize NOT Identical!
RemSqlCe.dll could not be copied!

SQL Server CE: Not Installed
SQL Server 2005 Mobile: Not Installed
SQL Server 2005 Compact: Not Installed

Have you any idea?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roberto

I see in your analysis data that the RemSqlCe.dll does not match. Copy the file RemSqlCe.dll from the Diving Log program folder on the desktop into the Windows folder of your Pocket PC. The PPC Info should look then like this:

PC RemSqlCe.dll: 116224 Bytes
PPC RemSqlCe.dll: 116224 Bytes
Filesize Identical

To create a new empty logbook file for the PPC, you can create it at the Desktop and sync it then to the PPC. It would be great if you send me such an empty PPC logbook file of Windows Mobile 6, I'll then add this to the WM 6 update package so that this will work in future.

Regarding the signature: Are you sure that you have saved the changes of that dive? So if you go to another dive and then back you should see the signature on the PPC. If you sync this file to the PC it should be displayed at the desktop if the signature button is pressed.
roberto.paula

Post by roberto.paula »

Hi,

Thanks for your solution. It works fine. :D