Diving Log 4.0 Install on WM6 Samsung Blackjack II

Discussions about the smartphone versions
mch

Diving Log 4.0 Install on WM6 Samsung Blackjack II

Post by mch »

I'm interested in running the Diving Log 4.0 on my WM6 Samsung Blackjack II. I installed the mobile version, downloaded the divelogWM6.zip file, and copied the Divelog.exe file to the windows mobile program file. When trying to run the program on my smartphone, I get the following error:

"An unexpected error has occurred in Divelog.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program or select Details for more information."

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mch
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Diving Log 4.0 Install on WM6 Samsung Blackjack II

Post by divinglog »

Hi

What is displayed when you click on "Details"?

Kind regards,
Sven
mch

Post by mch »

The following message is displayed when I select Details:

Divelog.exe
NotSupportedException

at Microcrosoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAR()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor()
at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl..ctor()
at Divelog.Form1.InitializeComponent()
at Divelog.Form1..ctor()
at Divelog.Form1.Main()

Thanks,

mch
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi mch

I googled the error and it seems not easy to solve because there could be several reasons. It seems to be .NET Framework related, so I suggest you try first to install .NET Compact Framework 2. Maybe this will fix the problem already.

Kind regards,
Sven
mch

Post by mch »

Sven,

I tried to install the .NET Compact Framework 2. When it tries to install on my phone, it says that the version already exists on the device. I tried to start the Diving Log 4.0 software again, but I get the same error messages.

Thanks,

mch
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi mch

Hmm, that is what I expected but it was worth to try. I'm really sorry to say that I currently don't know what the reason for this problem could be. I've googled and found similar problems with other .NET programs, and it seems to be a very low level problem. I fear that I cannot provide a solution for now, but I'll rewrite the whole PPC program anyway later this year and compile and test it specific for Windows Mobile 5 and 6. I hope that this will fix this issue.

Is it Windows Mobile 6.0 or 6.1 on your Samsung?

I'm really sorry :cry:
Sven
mch

Post by mch »

Sven,

No problem. I believe my Samsung is running WM6.0.

I just bought a Shearwater Pursuit, and yesterday I purchased the desktop Diving Log 4.0 to use as my logbook software. I imported my old Uwatec Smartrak log without problems. I really like the Diving Log 4.0 format, and I'm glad I can incorporate the old and new logs in one program.

I'll be looking for your new PPC version.

Thanks,

Matt
mch
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you Matt, I really appreciate this! :)
CodeSpace

Post by CodeSpace »

I also have this problem with my Samsung Ace (WM6). I tried installing a different PPC dive log program (Dive Assistant) and received the same error, so tried your program... There was no joy... I look forward to your re-write.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

In the meantime I've updated already the PPC version (the update I've mentioned above) and tested it on both, on the WM6 device emulator and on my own WM6 mobile phone. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this problem and I've got no other similar reports. Maybe this is a Samsung device related issue. Dive Assistant is also build on .NET Compact Framework 2.0 like Diving Log, so I think it has something to do with it. Maybe it is an issue of the Resco controls I'm using, but I have to check if Dive Assistant is using them, too. If this is the case it is possible that I can fix this by updating to a newer version, but this is currently only speculation. I'm really sorry that I currently cannot provide a real solution for this. :cry:

Kind regards,
Sven
CodeSpace

Post by CodeSpace »

The Samsung Ace is not a touchscreen WM6 phone. Could that have something to do with it?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

It could have something to do with it. I don't think that the PPC version of Diving Log can be used in a good way on a non touchscreen device. At least I won't recommend it.