Iphone/DC/PC Sync: Workflow Doesn't Work

Discussions about the smartphone versions
ccclapp

Iphone/DC/PC Sync: Workflow Doesn't Work

Post by ccclapp »

Hopefully someone has figured this out...

When integrating Iphone/DC/PC the workflow doesn't work in any way that will be useful. I would want to do the following:

1) During Dive:
a. Enter site/buddy/weather/location/GPS, etc data on Iphone before/during dive
b. Dive with dive computer

2) After Dive at PC:
a. Import data from DC and
b. sync PC and Iphone

PROBLEM: No apparant way to merge DC info into EXISTING dive created on Iphone
IS THERE A SOLUTION? Otherwise, the Iphone functionality is realy only to carry a static copy of PC data, not to be able to use on-site at the time of diving. This greatly reduces functionality.

Am I missing something?

Thank for your help/feedback.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Iphone/DC/PC Sync: Workflow Doesn't Work

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You're right, this is currently unfortunately not yet possible, at least in an easy way. You can download/import the dives additionally into the logbook after syncing the iPhone data to the PC and then copy/paste the profile data into the dives from the iPhone and deleting the double dives afterwards, but this is some work because it has to be done dive by dive. (you can find the copy/paste in the toolbar above the profile)

I have to add an option to all import and download functions to update existing dives with the profile data. This is a long requested feature and it is on top of my to-do list, but takes some time due to the large number of imports and downloads and the current work on version 5.0.

I'll release soon an update to all downloaders (Aladin, Memomouse, Smart, Suunto, OSTC, Sensus Ultra) where this is possible, so at least a few users can already make use of it.

Kind regards,
Sven
ccclapp

Post by ccclapp »

Thanks for the reply
I dive with Sherwood Wisdom, Please post when/if this is working.
Thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Almost done: this feature is now included, but only for the .NET based importers at the moment. The Shearwater is not yet done, but I try to include it as soon as possible. Read more here in this blog entry.

Sven