error

Discussions about the smartphone versions
The_Hawk

error

Post by The_Hawk »

I have ppc2000 and when i try to convert my logbook in my pocket-pc i receive one error and the conversion is stopped.

The message error inform me about the lengh of line for the converted logbook is limited to ....one number to smal that required. is possible to fix it?
many tanks and scuse me for my very little english.
Bye The_hawk
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Which version of ActiveSync do you use? The conversion is done by ActiveSync and I have no possibilities to change there anything.

Btw: Have you tried the program first because I haven't tested until now if it works on PPC 2000 devices.
The_Hawk

Post by The_Hawk »

- i use the ActiveSync 3.8.0 (latest)
-The error message is when activesync try to convert ausrustung and the error message is: "This table contains 707110 records. A table on the mobile device is limited to 65535 recors. would you like to copy down only 65535 records?"
- my pocket pc is ipaq 3630 with expansion memory
bye The_Hawk
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

As I don't think that you have 707110 pieces of dive equipment :wink: , I think this is a bug of ActiveSync. Can you send me the file Logbuch.mdb to info@divinglog.de and I'll try to make the conversion for you. Or uncheck the table "Ausrustung" in the ActiveSync conversion dialog.

I have now also an ipaq 3630 and solved the problem with PPC 2000. I'll make today an update of the Pocket PC version, so you must download and install the update to get the program running well.
The_Hawk

Post by The_Hawk »

hi, i downloaded new version for ppc but the error is the same:

"This table contains 707110 records. A table on the mobile device is limited to 65535 recors. would you like to copy down only 65535 records?"

i send you my Logbuch.mdb please if it it possible fix it or convert it for me.
bye The_Hawk
The_Hawk

Post by The_Hawk »

...yes it it one bug....
i dont know how but i have 707110 record in my equipement
i have only 2 record moltiplicate and repetute for many and many times (i suppose one strange error in conversion from old 3.0.11 and 3.0.12).
I have open the Logbuch.mdb with microsoft access and i have deleted all clone of real equipement. now it work correctly and the conversion gone to finish withou any error....
many tanks for you help and patience but.......it is possible convert the ppc version in italian language?
bye The_Hawk
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Sorry that I answer so late, I haven't seen your last posting. I'm lucky that the conversion now works.

To the italian language: At the moment it's unfortunately not possible, because of a different development software. I'm also not sure if I'll use this development software in future because it has some bug's and problems and I'll think about to use .NET in future. Because of this I don't want that the translators have unnecessary work and want to wait until it's clear what the future development software will be.
The_Hawk

Post by The_Hawk »

ok! not problem i try to translate it with hex editor only for my personal use...

please what development software you ave used to make this application?
bye The_Hawk
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I answerd you by mail, I maybe it helps you.