Re-Installing Suunto cable - Vyper Air

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
gsaunier

Re-Installing Suunto cable - Vyper Air

Post by gsaunier »

Dear All,

I bought the new Vyper Air Black last summer. Since then, I'm using it with DivingLog, downloading my dives on my computer.

But, few days ago, I received - and unfortunately installed - an update of DM4 Suunto software. Since then, I cannot download my dives, neither can I accessed my computer through the original suunto cable. I believed that the needed drivers had been changed when DM4 had been updated.

What can I do ? Any advice would be welcome. Thank you !

GS.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Re-Installing Suunto cable - Vyper Air

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, I heard from other users that the SDM 5 drivers don't seem to work on Windows 8.1. The solution was to uninstall SDM 5 completely and let Windows install the drivers. If you still want to use SDM, install it without the drivers.

Kind regards,
Sven
CheeseAndJamSandwich

Re: Re-Installing Suunto cable - Vyper Air

Post by CheeseAndJamSandwich »

I had this battle and won!

I'm using Windows 7... but it did not install ok out the box... I had DM4 installed already...

I think i let windows install its drivers and then let Suunto install their drivers on top... can't remember exactly... It may be that i manually updated both drivers with the suunto ones after... There's a folder in the install directory with the drivers in it...
Sorry i can't be 100 specific on the method. I tried a lot of combos and reboots to do it
But i can assure you it is possible.