WiFi sync

Discussions about the smartphone versions
LT1962

WiFi sync

Post by LT1962 »

Hi Sven,
A new issue has just come up for me.
When I try to use WiFi sync with my iphone, despite me selecting iOS device, my PC keeps saying it has detected my android device and that it has connected to it but then immediately switches to an iOS sync page. No matter what I do I cannot get it to see my iOS device.
I have no android devices for Diving Log PC to connect to so I do not know what is happening.
Any suggestions?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: WiFi sync

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Sorry for the late response! Can you post or send me some screenshots what's happening? I guess what you're seeing is just a visual glitch. When the sync dialog opens, it is possible that you see for a short time frame (~1 second) the Android sync UI, because it's a shared dialog window. But this is just a visual glitch and does not affect the iOS sync function.

The issue you're seeing is just the normal iOS device not detected problem, which is in most cases caused by an installed firewall application. So please let me know if you have a security software installed and if so, which app. Here you can see how to disable Avast and AVG functions to get it working:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=2124

Sometimes a router and/or iOS device restart fixes this issue.

Kind regards,
Sven
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

Hi,

I assume it it just the iOS device not detected problem as you say. The android splash screen goes away and the iOS sync screen appears with the send to iOS device or receive from iOS device greyed out.

I am not running any firewall or anti-virus/malware software, so there is nothing to turn off.

I have managed to get the computer to sync, but i need to put in the ip address and port number for the iOS device each time i sync. The send/receive to iOS turns black after i put in the ip address and port number indicating the PC has detected the phone.

I have restarted the router and the iphones (x2) but the issue is still there.

I have also reinstalled the pc software but still no fix

I have not installed anything new on the PC so am unsure why this has suddenly started to happen.
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

I have just removed and reinstalled itunes and bonjour to see if that corrects the issue but it is still the same.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

iTunes is now installed mostly from the Windows Store, which does not work for our sync solution anymore. So make sure you've installed the separate Bonjour setup from Apple as well:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

Make also sure you're connected to the local WiFi, not the guest WiFi. Let me know if you have still the problem. As an alternate solution you can also sync via cloud, e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive etc.