WiFi sync

Discussions about the smartphone versions
LT1962

WiFi sync

Post by LT1962 »

Hi Sven,
A new issue has just come up for me.
When I try to use WiFi sync with my iphone, despite me selecting iOS device, my PC keeps saying it has detected my android device and that it has connected to it but then immediately switches to an iOS sync page. No matter what I do I cannot get it to see my iOS device.
I have no android devices for Diving Log PC to connect to so I do not know what is happening.
Any suggestions?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: WiFi sync

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Sorry for the late response! Can you post or send me some screenshots what's happening? I guess what you're seeing is just a visual glitch. When the sync dialog opens, it is possible that you see for a short time frame (~1 second) the Android sync UI, because it's a shared dialog window. But this is just a visual glitch and does not affect the iOS sync function.

The issue you're seeing is just the normal iOS device not detected problem, which is in most cases caused by an installed firewall application. So please let me know if you have a security software installed and if so, which app. Here you can see how to disable Avast and AVG functions to get it working:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=2124

Sometimes a router and/or iOS device restart fixes this issue.

Kind regards,
Sven
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

Hi,

I assume it it just the iOS device not detected problem as you say. The android splash screen goes away and the iOS sync screen appears with the send to iOS device or receive from iOS device greyed out.

I am not running any firewall or anti-virus/malware software, so there is nothing to turn off.

I have managed to get the computer to sync, but i need to put in the ip address and port number for the iOS device each time i sync. The send/receive to iOS turns black after i put in the ip address and port number indicating the PC has detected the phone.

I have restarted the router and the iphones (x2) but the issue is still there.

I have also reinstalled the pc software but still no fix

I have not installed anything new on the PC so am unsure why this has suddenly started to happen.
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

I have just removed and reinstalled itunes and bonjour to see if that corrects the issue but it is still the same.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

iTunes is now installed mostly from the Windows Store, which does not work for our sync solution anymore. So make sure you've installed the separate Bonjour setup from Apple as well:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

Make also sure you're connected to the local WiFi, not the guest WiFi. Let me know if you have still the problem. As an alternate solution you can also sync via cloud, e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive etc.
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

Hi,

I have done the downloads form the apple store as suggested, but that didnt change anything.

I am connected to the local wifi.

I dont use onedrive, dropbox etc.

the issue is still there.

Now if I try to sych from the phone back to the PC after inputting the ip and port I am getting all sorts of strange things.
It keeps asking to pair with the PC but does not seem to accept the pairing code when i enter it.

Error displayed is attached as well as the log dump.
Attachments
ee the end of this message for details on invoking.docx
(15.75 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (72.39 KiB) Viewed 8909 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The visual glitch with the short Android flash should be gone in the latest 6.0.24 update. I've talked to Greg, the iOS Dive Log developer about the sync issue and we couldn't come up with anything meaningful. Not sure what this recent error message is about, but I guess this was some temporary thing, too and does not happen everytime, right?

Has anything changed since it worked the last time? You used the wifi sync before, right? Another possible solution would be a wifi direct connection between PC and iOS device:

https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/wh ... windows-10

Kind regards,
Sven
LT1962

Post by LT1962 »

Hi Sven,

Yes ive been using wifi sync for years now without any issues.

I use it mainly to sync from the PC to the phone, and that was what I was using when the initial issues started. Now i have to input the ip address and port number every time to get them to sync. I havent had any updates to the PC or changes for some time now. There was a recent update to the PC version of Diving Log 6.0 but i dont know if this caused the start of the problems or not.

The other issue i have had occurred when i tried to sync back the other way from the phone to the PC. That process created all the issues with pairing and not recognizing was the PC of iphone. I havent tried that again yet.

Im not sure at all why this has started to happen.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

It's not related to the Diving Log update for sure, the iPhone sync function hasn't changed for years. I suggest you try it from time to time, somethings things like this disappear like they appeared.