Error HRESULT E-FAIL

Discussions about the smartphone versions
dfoster48

Error HRESULT E-FAIL

Post by dfoster48 »

I'm trying to sync my logbook from my Windows 10 laptop to my Android Samsung Galaxy S22 and get the error above. Also, I cannot export my Diving Log book to my Sherwater Perigren dive computer. Please help.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Error HRESULT E-FAIL

Post by divinglog »

Try to connect your phone to the USB port before starting Diving Log. Make also sure to close the Android app from the app main menu ("Close app"). Let me know if that helps or if the error still happens.

The other question: do you try to download the dives from your Shearwater to the PC? Because exporting from the PC to Shearwater is not possible.
dfoster48

Post by dfoster48 »

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, it didn't help. I also tried uninstalling the app from the phone and reinstalling it. Still no luck. :cry:
ccohn2000

Post by ccohn2000 »

I have this exact problem. I can no longer put my divelog on my phone. I get the same error as above when I try to sync.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

If switching the order does not help, you can either use one of the cloud sync methods (OneDrive, Dropbox etc) or you can copy the .sql file manually to the phone using the SQLite export and Windows Explorer. In the phone app, you can import the file in the logbook management screen.