Migrate to new PC - best way?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
miguelfzafra

Migrate to new PC - best way?

Post by miguelfzafra »

Hi,

I want to migrate my Diving Log data to a new PC. What is the best way of doing it? Should I only keep the backup .mdb file? Are all the images kept inside it? Or do I need to save the images? In that case, how can I associate them later in the new computer? Or maybe exporting to a sql database is easier?

Thanks and best regards
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Migrate to new PC - best way?

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Download and install the latest version on your new computer. Copy the "Diving Log" folder from the Windows Documents folder from the old PC to the new PC. This folder contains any templates, layouts and reports you may have created.

By default this folder contains also your logbook (.mdb) file. If you've stored it in a different folder, copy also your logbook file. Copy also all images you have used in your logbook to the same location as on your old computer. If that is not possible (e.g. when you've changed the Windows user name), you can fix any broken image links later in the photo manager.

Start Diving Log on your new PC, enter you unlock code and select your logbook file (File > Open Logbook).

Kind regards,
Sven
miguelfzafra

Re: Migrate to new PC - best way?

Post by miguelfzafra »

Hi Sven,

Did what you told me, worked perfectly. Thanks for the help and best regards.