Oceanic pro plus x

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Iansr

Oceanic pro plus x

Post by Iansr »

Is the pro plus x supported via Bluetooth and iOS?
gregm

Re: Oceanic pro plus x

Post by gregm »

Hi,

No, unfortunately the Oceanic Pro Plus X is not currently supported by Dive Log on iOS via Bluetooth. We do hope to eventually add support for the Pro Plus X but until we have one in hand and are able to reverse engineer the Bluetooth protocol we will not be able to support it.

Cheers,

Greg
Iansr

Post by Iansr »

Greg,
I might be able to help with that... how long would you need the computer for roughly? Or are there any data points that I can give you remotely?
gregm

Post by gregm »

The Pro Plus X will probably require us having it in hand at least initially (depending on your technical level there is a small chance we can get the information that we'd require remotely, but it generally requires a lot of trial and error so having it in hand is usually best). We can probably make enough progress in a week to two weeks to at least have the initial data we need to get things started (then we'd work with you remotely to refine the support).

We have had other divers loan us their gear for the purposes of adding support for it, but we usually try to do that with folks located in the USA to avoid issues with customs and to reduce the risk of loosing someone's device through a delivery service.

If you are interested in helping and/or loaning us your device please contact us directly via email (support 'at' moremobilesoftware 'dot' com) and we can further discuss the detail.

Thanks for your interest in working with us! We really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Greg
McDiver

Post by McDiver »

Any news on the support of Oceanic Pro Plus X?
It would be nice to be able to download the dives directly to the iPad via Bluetooth.
Thx,
McDiver
gregm

Post by gregm »

Yes, the Oceanic Pro Plus X is supported for download in Dive Log on iOS using the "Pelagic Bluetooth Download" in-app purchase. If you tap on the "Supported Computers Include:" button in the in-app purchase description on the Store interface within Dive Log you can see all the computers that are supported by each in-app purchase.

Cheers,

Greg
McDiver

Post by McDiver »

Under "Supported Computers", there are several Oceanic computers mentioned, but NOT the Pro Plus X!
gregm

Post by gregm »

Of course, you are right! I'm very sorry, that is an oversight on my part that I will address.

The Pro Plus X is supported. In the early days of the ProPlus X there were some bugs in early firmware versions that meant that they didn't work properly via Bluetooth. As long as your Pro Plus X is running at least firmware Rev 1B.01 you should be good. I meant to go back and add the Pro Plus X to the supported list once all units were being shipped with the fixed firmware and apparently forgot. FYI the Aqualung i770R is the same as the Pro Plus X internally and you will see that listed.

Thank you again for pointing out my oversight. I'm sorry it took so long to get you the required information.

Cheers,
Greg
McDiver

Post by McDiver »

Thanks for the clarification, Greg. Now I don’t see a reason NOT to buy the Oceanic Pro Plus X. :D
Regards,
Jens