Can't get more than first 41 dives from Suunto Cobra

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
reibuehl

Can't get more than first 41 dives from Suunto Cobra

Post by reibuehl »

Hi,

I experienced an error when importing the last 3 dives from my Suunto Cobra computer that damaged the diving log MDB database. I could restore the DB from backup, but now the three dives are not available anymore from the download only new dives option as they have already been downloaded once. If I try to download all dives, I only get the first 41 dives and cant select the dives 185-187. Is there a way to import these dives?

Reiner
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Can't get more than first 41 dives from Suunto Cobra

Post by divinglog »

Hi Reiner

Dive computers have limited memory and do not store hundreds of dives. Especially older computers could only store a few dives, so there are only 41 dives stored on the cobra, even though the dive counter shows more (it's just a counter). You can confirm that with Suunto DM or the internal logbook viewer).

Btw, I cannot think of a way to damage the MDB file by downloading dives from a computer. What happened?

Kind regards,
Sven
reibuehl

Post by reibuehl »

Hi Sven,

I did sync data from two dives (#185 and 186) from the Android app via Google Drive and then wanted to add the Computer data to them. On the Computer I had one more dive already so I selected to update from 185 on. This created 187. Then I got a couple of error messages that I unfortunately did not screenshot and the program crashed. When I started it again, it gives me the error message "Fehler beim Öffnen des Logbuchs. Unrecognized database format <path to logbook.mdb>"
reibuehl

Post by reibuehl »

I just checked the shown dives from the computer and it seems that the dates of the last 9 dives are wrong. They show up with correct time and day of the month but are all in January 2000 instead of December 2022.
I attach a screenshot that shows this in the Downloader. The dives from December 1st 2022 are still correct, but the ones after that are messed up and they where fine when I downloaded them last on the 4th.
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Capture.PNG (24.12 KiB) Viewed 12455 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Which Diving Log version do you have?
reibuehl

Post by reibuehl »

divinglog wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 18:18 Which Diving Log version do you have?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Kannst du bitte mal "Log Errors" und "Dump File" in den Downloader Einstellungen aktivieren, und mir die Zipdatei im Anschluss schicken an info@divinglog.de

Vielen Dank!
TnT

Post by TnT »

Can you also check the current date/time of your dive computer? Is it set to December 2022 or January 2000?
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
reibuehl

Post by reibuehl »

divinglog wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 13:25 Hi

Kannst du bitte mal "Log Errors" und "Dump File" in den Downloader Einstellungen aktivieren, und mir die Zipdatei im Anschluss schicken an info@divinglog.de

Vielen Dank!
Email ist raus. Vielen Dank fürs anschauen!