Download Suunto Vytec DS

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Malcolm

Download Suunto Vytec DS

Post by Malcolm »

When I attempt to download from my Suunto Vytec DS into Diving Log 6.0.26, using Downloader, Diving Log correctly identifies the connection and all seems well but an error message DC_STATUS_IO appears. What does this mean please?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Download Suunto Vytec DS

Post by divinglog »

Please activate "Log Errors" in the downloader settings and post the resulting error log.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If I need a Suunto software patch, are you able to provide a link please and advise how best to install in on my PC?

Thank you.
Malcolm
Vytec problem.jpg
Vytec problem.jpg (137.89 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Looks like COM4 is not correct. Are you sure the interface is installed correctly? Have a look at device manager. No patch is needed, this is a driver problem. Have you installed Suunto Dive Manager on this PC to get the driver?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

IMG_7264.jpg
IMG_7264.jpg (206.6 KiB) Viewed 7120 times
IMG_7263.jpg
IMG_7263.jpg (263.52 KiB) Viewed 7120 times
As you can hopefully see, I'm still doing something wrong and am confused. Sorry. I'm pretty sure that I have correctly connected the interface and I downloaded Suunto DM5 with drivers but this made no difference. Maybe I need to download a specific Suunto driver? If so, are you able to direct me please to where I could download this?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You have to check Windows Device Manager to look for any driver issues. You and me cannot identifiy any problems in these images. It's just a folder called "SuuntoSUBDrivers", you cannot see if it is installed correctly that way.

Normally you do not have to install any drivers separately, you just install Suunto DM, it contains everything. Where do you got those drivers? Does the download of the dive computer work with Suunto DM, does it even support the Suunto Vytec DS? On the Suunto website, there is just a download for SDM, no drivers setup:

https://www.suunto.com/Support/software-support/dm5/

- Open Suunto DM, select Vytec DS and try to download
- Check Windows Device Manager when the interface is connected to see if the interface is recognized and if there are any problems and which COM port is used (right click the Windows start button and select "Device Manager")