PpO2 sensor info not available anymore

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Buceador

PpO2 sensor info not available anymore

Post by Buceador »

Hi,

I always donwloaded the divelog via the Shearwater app and than importing it into Divelog. I always did this so I could get the ppo2 of the cells into m logbook. However this doesn't work anymore. I think it might be related to updating the shearwater with the newest firmware V9.x because it stopped working around the date of the new formware became available.
Am I right and can this be fixed?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: PpO2 sensor info not available anymore

Post by divinglog »

Hi

If you import from Shearwater Desktop into Diving Log, the firmware update should normally not have an influence. But you have to send me the file you're importing, then I can see what's happening.

Kind regards,
Sven
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Just sent.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

OK, I found out what's happening. The problem is not the firmware update, it's the Shearwater Cloud Desktop update. The profile data now stored the same way as it comes from the dive computer. So I'm using libdivecomputer to parse the data (like when directly downloading the Shearwater), and libdivecomputer does not support ppO2 data right now.

I will try to find a solution and discuss with Jef from libdivecomputer. Right now the only solution would be using and older Shearwater (Cloud) Desktop version.

KInd regards,
Sven
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Thanks Sven,

reading PPO2 is very usefull for me so if you manage to arrange something that would be very welcome.
In the meantime I'll look if I can find an older version of the shearewater app.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I still have some older versions of Shearwater Desktop and Cloud Desktop:

ShearwaterCloudInstaller_2.6.1.exe (08-2020)
ShearwaterCloudInstaller_2.9.0.exe (06-2022)

You may have to use a new Shearwater database, because the older version won't be able to read your upgraded Shearwater DB file from the latest version.
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Forgot to report back. With 2.6.1 I am able to retreive the mV of the O2 sensors again.
RVbldr

Post by RVbldr »

Older thread, but are the PPO2 values available directly via download from the SW computer, or do I need go pull those in via Shearwater Cloud?
LeonelLiao

Post by LeonelLiao »

I have been using Diving Log for several years now to keep my dive log and I can say that it is a very handy program with many useful features. It allows you to record all dives, including date, time, location, depth, temperature and much more. In addition, Diving Log has an import function from various dive computers, which simplifies the process of completing the logbook and allows you to keep all the data in one place. I also like the dive planning feature, which helps you choose the best time to dive based on weather conditions and other factors. It also allows you to calculate the necessary amount of gas mixes for the dive. In addition, Diving Log has a graph and report function which allows you to analyze your dives and track your diving progress. Overall, I am very happy with the use of Diving Log and recommend it to all divers who want to keep detailed information about their dives and track their diving progress.
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

RVbldr wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 17:01 Older thread, but are the PPO2 values available directly via download from the SW computer, or do I need go pull those in via Shearwater Cloud?
No, you have to import it from the Shearwater Cloud. And you also have to use the old version 2.6.1 as linked above. That will give you the mV of each sensor. It’s an option of this nice app I am waiting for quite some time eagerly! Also because importing from shearwater is not possible on IPad/IPhone or android.
RVbldr

Post by RVbldr »

Likewise, also been looking for this feature. I'd just like to see the mV reading across the dive.