iphone to android

Discussions about the smartphone versions
davetheshoeman

iphone to android

Post by davetheshoeman »

G'day All, I have been using Dive Log on iphone for a few years now. I have just moved over to android.
I have: installed and unlocked the android ap, downloaded the demo of the PC software, transfered data from iphone to
PC, tried to transfer from PC to android bu no luck. I have no interest in keeping my dive log on my PC. I only want it on my phone.

Do I have to buy the PC version? I have already paid for the iphone ap and now the adroid unlock?

Is there a way to transfer the data to the new ap?

Cheers
Dave
davetheshoeman

Re: iphone to android

Post by davetheshoeman »

OK so I just paid for the PC version. Stil no luck.

error message when i try to restore from
(see/mnt/sdcard/divelog/dive imports.log)

Advise please?
davetheshoeman

Post by davetheshoeman »

Ok just ignore me I've sorted it out. total Newbie not figuring things out with new phone. Sorry to bother you all.

I Read The F$%^ing Manual :)

All sorted.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dave

Thank you, I'm glad it is working now! Let me know if you have still problems. All 3 applications are from 3 different developers, so there could be some edge cases.

Please note, the Android app don't have the same data model as the iPhone and PC application. So there will be some data loss on the way to Android. I'll recommend you keep a backup of your iPhone logbook or continue to use the desktop logbook as your main logbook, otherwise you will lose some data you've entered on the iPhone in the past.

Kind regards,
Sven
wizard1943

Post by wizard1943 »

I have tried all ways and do not seem to be able to transfer. I have even downloaded a new Anrdroid version but to no avail. Can you give me some guidelines please as you have solved the problem. Also can give me some similar information for direct download from the PC version as I have also failed to do that. THANKS
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

We need more details, which Android app are you using and what is not working? Which dive computer?
wizard1943

Post by wizard1943 »

Hi I am using a Galileo Sol and Dive Log(should II use a different Android App :?:
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

There are now 3 Android apps: https://www.divinglog.de/english/tutorials/android.php
For DiveMate, you can also use the Dropbox sync.

You can download the Galileo Sol with the "Uwatec Smart" download function in Diving Log (in the download section).