exporting to mysql and link between dive site, country, etc.

@rno

exporting to mysql and link between dive site, country, etc.

Post by @rno »

Hi Sven,

RC1 looks really good. I have however found 2 strange things up to now:

1) When I choose a divesite from the listbox it automatically also fills country and city, which is very nice. However when I synchronise this data with Dilogs, no GPS coordinates are known to the divesite. These are known when I choose the divesite not through the listbox but by clicking on the chain-symbol.
Also when I choose from the listbox I see a pencil icon, while I see a chain-icon when choosing by clicking the chain-icon.

2) When I try to export to mysql (not upload) it asks if it is okay to overwrite existing file. When I hit yes I do see some activity, but the file isn't updated. Also when choosing a new filename, the file isn't written to disk. I do have write access in the location and I don't get an error message.
@rno

Re: exporting to mysql and link between dive site, country, etc.

Post by @rno »

Exporting to mysql does work... Maybe it is because I just downloaded the last update or maybe I didn't look good enough before.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: exporting to mysql and link between dive site, country, etc.

Post by divinglog »

Hi Arno

Thank you very much. When you have the same dive site both linked and unlicked in your logbook, it will appear two times in the dropdown listbox. The pencil icon shows the unlinked item, the chain icon shows the linked item. The unlinked item is always before the linked item in the list, so the auto complete will use this one first. Make sure when you select the item from the list to choose the item with the chain symbol from the bottom of the list. When no dive is using the unlinked dive site, it will automatically disappear from the list and the dive site will show up only once.

Sven
scubabyss

Re: exporting to mysql and link between dive site, country,

Post by scubabyss »

Hi Sven
I have imported about 650 dives from Suunto Dive Manager. I wish i would have discovered this log years ago !
I have therefore a large number of unlinked country - cities- dive places.
Is there a way to request all the dives with same location to be linked automatically. It is rather long to do it manually for each dive.

Thanks
Kind Regards
Lionel
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: exporting to mysql and link between dive site, country,

Post by divinglog »

Hi Lionel

I have a function that does this automatically, but it is not yet build into Diving Log. You can send me your logbook file and I'll run the automatic tool on it. Make sure to backup your original logbook, because this is an automatic process.

Kind regards,
Sven