Window Phone & SkyDrive

Discussions about the smartphone versions
Marduk

Window Phone & SkyDrive

Post by Marduk »

I noticed that the Windows Phone client does not support SkyDrive and since I can now no longer use YourDiveBook (well, I don't seem to be able to connect anymore) I was looking for an alternative. Any chance it is added in the foreseeable future?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Window Phone & SkyDrive

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Microsoft just opened up the SkyDrive API a few days ago and allows now all file types. Up to now it was very restricted, but now I can implement it in the next update. If you have a Dropbox account you can use that one in the meantime. But Skydrive will be included in the next update. In the desktop version it is already available under the "Web" button in the main toolbar.

Kind regards,
Sven
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

Great to hear. I've just installed Windows 8 from MSDN on all my non-Media Center computers and trying to keep things as streamlined as possible, so holding off on installing the DropBox extensions. As my logbook is currently up-to-date, I'll wait for the SkyDrive integration and/or the WP8 applications.

If I could add one small request, when you add SkyDrive support, can you pretty please make the directory where the backup is stored user selectable? It allows me to create my own backup directory structure for application backups that makes sense to me. I've seen it implemented different ways and it really drives me crazy when they app developers force the file to a directory (typically Documents)

BTW, great work on the applications, and thanks for supporting Windows Phone. The only reason I'll ever have to use the Mares software (three years later and they STILL haven't fixed the rounding errors when converting from Metric to Imperial nor do they have certified drivers yet) is for the occasional firmware upgrade and believe me it will be instantly removed after that.

As a side note, if anyone asks you how to install the Mares Serial Drivers (or for that matter the Mares Dive Organizer software which will fail without them) in 64-bit Windows 8, you can point them here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matthew_van_eer ... ivers.aspx.

Hopefully Mares gets them signed, but not holding my breath...

-Dan
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dan

Currently Diving Log creates a subfolder "Divelog" in the root directory of Skydrive (not in the documents folder). I'll see if I can make that configurable.

Kind regards,
Sven