English French Print Layout

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
bm133390

English French Print Layout

Post by bm133390 »

I was hoping to reach out to all you talented people and see if any of you have an English/French layout for printing setup already. One that asks you which language you want when you go to print. I just want to get a layout setup quickly and I can manage editing a bit (Yes I am a rookie). Anyways, hope someone can help me out.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: English French Print Layout

Post by divinglog »

There is a report file with language selector, which you can use to see how it was implemented: A5Logbook.zip

When you print, there is a language selection box coming up:

Image1.png
Image1.png (3.75 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
bm133390

Post by bm133390 »

Thank you. I saw that. Is it very hard to change or add French to one of the options?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I don't know, I haven't created this report and I haven't looked how this is done. Does it really need such a language selector?

I think it is a lot easier to just take an existing report file and simply translate all labels to French. This is very easy and all you have to do is opening the report in the report designer and double clicking all labels to edit them to French. If you save it to a different file, you have an English and French version of the same report and you can simply select each report file in the print dialog, depending on which language you want.

I think this is a lot easier than trying to do one report with both languages.
bm133390

Post by bm133390 »

You are right, but sometimes I just want to learn too. haha. I figured it out by editing the user variables which then adjusts the layout accordingly. If i finish this soon, should i submit it to be posted in case others would like to use it?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great to hear you figured it out how it was done! Yes, if you want you can send me the file and I'll publish it for others.