When is Average Depth actually calculated?

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
royokelly

When is Average Depth actually calculated?

Post by royokelly »

I downloaded data from my Suunto Zoop Novo, Everything seemed to be fine, but there was no value for the Average Depth. I checked the table view and the field was blank. I learned that the value is calculated by Divelog 6.00. I also accidentally discovered that if I changed the dive record from the divelog layout (example add a dive buddy) then the average depth suddenly appeared in the table. This suggests to me that editing the record forces a recalculation of all calculated fields. I don't want to be forced to edit each dive to get the log to reflect the average depth. Am I missing something?
Thanx
Roy
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: When is Average Depth actually calculated?

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roy

There is a freely editable field "Average Depth" that can be filled by the user when a dive has no profile. If the dive has a profile, the average depth field is automatically calculated and the value is displayed in this field and above the dive profile.

What you mean is probably the logbook table window, which shows the actual stored average depth value from the database. Yes, when you edit and save a dive in the logbook window, the calculated average depth is automatically also saved to the database and then shown in the logbook table window. A click on the "Save" button in the logbook is enough to get the calculated value also stored in the database.

But in the logbook window, the average depth is always automatically calculated and displayed.

Image1.png
Image1.png (13.46 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
Image2.png
Image2.png (22.19 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
royokelly

Re: When is Average Depth actually calculated?

Post by royokelly »

How time flies. I was reviewing my notes and realized I never thanked you for your response. Just what I needed.
Roy