Log Report - Include Map and Stamp

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
RICoder

Log Report - Include Map and Stamp

Post by RICoder »

I'm trying to make my own dive log report and I got most of it working but I can't seem to get the map and the stamp to show up on the report.

I dragged in the PlaceMapPath object and nothing shows up. Is it that it requires me to make a new image for each map for each dive or does it try to use the Google Maps to make it automatically?
RICoder

Re: Log Report - Include Map and Stamp

Post by RICoder »

As an addendum to the above, I'd also like to include things from the Marine Life section of my dives. Is this even possible?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I think I found out the problem. I was really surprised that it also wasn't working in my test and I found out that those images couldn't deal with the new "Relative path" feature I've implemented recently. Are you using relative path names instead of absolute path names as well?

If so, I can send you an update which fixes the issue. This bug should not affect the stamp field, so this should be working.
RICoder wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 19:39 As an addendum to the above, I'd also like to include things from the Marine Life section of my dives. Is this even possible?
The common marine life names are available in the variable "LogFishNames", other data like images unfortunately currently not yet. I want to do a bigger rewrite of the print function to make more detailed data available in the future.
RICoder

Post by RICoder »

Thanks for the reply. I have not turned on the relative path, but I will try that.

I also am using a logbook.mdb file on a different drive and location than the default, not sure if this may impact it.

Is it trying to make the image from the map automatically or does it produce one on the fly?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, I think I know the confusion. The "PlaceMapPath" is actually the image file you can set for each dive site. This field was named "Map" in the past, but later on I changed the label to "Graphic" because you can add anything including photos (and because I added a "Map" tab which shows the Google Maps position). But originally it was meant for those dive site drawings like this:

Image1.png
Image1.png (65.36 KiB) Viewed 7385 times

Do not turn "Relative path names" on yet, because of the bug you won't see the image in the print function.
RICoder

Post by RICoder »

Got it. Got the fish names working too! Thanks.