Beta version 5.0

Hackric

Re: Beta version 5.0

Post by Hackric »

Sven,

I was thinking as well, would it be possible to select several dives in the logbook and set the same parameters for all of them. I understand it is possible to do it under the table mode quickly, however under the table mode it is not so convenient and also it is not possible to record the equipment.

Thanks,

Ced.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ced

I'm sorry, this would be a bit complicated to include. I would have to keep track of the fields which were edited and only update those fields for all selected dives. I don't say that this is not possible and maybe I can include this at a later time, but currently I cannot give this a high priority, because there are more important features to do. As an alternate you can use the template function and the table editor.

Btw, you can also update the equipment of several dives in the table editor. You must copy or edit the "UsedEquip" field for those dives. In this field enter the internal ID values of each equipment item seperated by comma. The easiest way to find out the IDs is, to select for one dive the quipment in the logbook window, save this dive and then copy and paste the IDs in the table editor.

Sven
cad1472

Post by cad1472 »

Hi Sven,

Love Version 5!!! Can you add 'pier' to the 'Entry' type field?

Thanks,

Craig
MRXRAY

Post by MRXRAY »

Sven, I'd like to see something better for Visability other than Good/Normal/Bad. For me this is a critical piece of info that I use to judge conditions based on weather, tides, etc and I refer to it constantly. Any chance we can get a blank writable field instead so we can enter say 50 feet or just 50, or 50-75?

Thanks.

And BTW I love the new version! Keep up the great work!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you very much!
Love Version 5!!! Can you add 'pier' to the 'Entry' type field?
I've added this to the list.
Any chance we can get a blank writable field instead so we can enter say 50 feet or just 50, or 50-75?
Yes, this is defenitely planned for vertical in horizontal visibility.

Kind regards,
Sven
gjc999

Post by gjc999 »

Hello - excellent application!

This is not really a defect, but more of a usability enhancement request.

In several of the top level buttons (Details, Equipment, Log book) the resulting dialogs all have 'Close' buttons at the bottom. The 'User Information' Dialog does not have such a button. It of course can be closed via the close dialog button in the upper right of the window, but it seems that to be consistent there should be a close button at the bottom of the dialog.

Regards,

J.C.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi J.C.

Thank you very much! Yes, I noticed this inconsistency also recently when I wanted to hit "OK" in this dialog and it was not there :wink:

I think I'll add those 2 buttons, even if the dialog becomes then a bit "square".

Kind regards,
Sven
jpipkens

Do I need to copy any 4.0 files into 5.0?

Post by jpipkens »

I just installed 5.0 and it looks beautiful. It must have automatically imported my info (personal, equipment, sites, etc) from divelog 4.0, as well as my logbook because they showed up when I first ran 5.0. In comparing the program files on my hard drive there are many different files between the two versions. My question is this: are there any specific files I should copy over to 5.0 such as "lists" or anything else, before I remove divelog 4.0 from my system. I have already copied my logbook.mdb into the 5.0 program files. Just want to make sure I dont lose any other info. Thanks and again: Beautiful Program!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you very much! All your dive data is stored in the *.mdb file. If you are running Vista or Windows 7 and have installed DIving Log in C:\Program Files, you should not copy the logbook file to the Diving Log program folder, because Diving Log cannot write into this folder without admin rights. If you have installed it on another partition, you can do so.

All your images are only linked to the database, so you should make sure that you don't remove the images files. If you have created your own report files for the print function, you should copy these also over (usually stored under "Reports" in the program folder). If you want to use the template files, you can copy them from the "Templates" folder over to version 5.0.

Kind regards,
Sven
MRXRAY

Post by MRXRAY »

Getting an update error when I try to change data:

big john

Post by big john »

Sven,
I am enjoying using version 5.0, one feature that would make things easier from a user perspective is more choices of CuFt measurements in Tank size. The list stops at 100 and the areas I dive commonly use 120 and 130 cuft tanks. The ability to chose more than 1 tank would also be a nice addition in the future for those divers that are switching mixes or using stages.

Thanks

John
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Getting an update error when I try to change data
Please email me your logbook file, the dive number where this happens and the steps to reproduce it. The image is too small, I can't read the error message. Thank you.
The list stops at 100 and the areas I dive commonly use 120 and 130 cuft tanks. The ability to chose more than 1 tank would also be a nice addition in the future for those divers that are switching mixes or using stages.
Hi John

No problem, I can extend the tank list with the next update. Mutiple tanks and gases is planned for quite some time.

Thank you,
Sven
Cweord

Re: Beta version 5.0.3 Beta 4

Post by Cweord »

Software isn't pulling the temperature profile or 02% from my Suunto Stinger.

On import it detects the temperature profile, but does not fill in the o2 box, or pick up any nitrox data.

Those are about the only flaws I have found

One added thought, in the buddy's tab, adding a facebook link as well as a website might be useful
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you for the report! So the temperature profile is imported correctly, right? The O2 field is not yet imported, I try to get this into the next beta update soon. In the current beta from the blog you can enter in the buddy details now a website, e.g. the Facebook link. When you click the button behind the text field, it will open in a browser.

Kind regards,
Sven
Cweord

Post by Cweord »

I know I can add the web link, but was thinking some people have web sites (especially dive professionals) and face book profiles.

I haven't tried to see if I can add 2 website though - should have thought of that earlier.

and yes, the temperature profile isn't importing correctly